Library Aide (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking Library Aides for a temporary shifting assignment on-site at a major Federal library in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time, temporary contract (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) position, with no benefits. The project will start in July 2021 and continue for approximately 6 months.
- Tasks to be completed require physical stamina and agility and attention to detail, including:
- Continuous standing, walking, lifting, bending and stooping to retrieve, re-shelve, shift, and update collections or to adjust shelves and move books from one location to another
- Pushing/pulling fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 300 pounds
- Loading and unloading wire baskets or carts with books and unbound materials
- Balancing on step ladders while pulling, moving, or re-shelving materials on the top shelves
- Sorting materials in general category order and distributing these materials onto sorting shelves for further arranging
- Arranging materials on book trucks (in item-specific call number order) from the sorting shelves or distribution trucks
- Shelving materials of various sizes, weight, and quantities
- Using hand-wheels to access compact shelving ranges
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and organize large quantities of materials
- Experience retrieving and refiling library materials according to the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Ability to sort, arrange, and shelve legal materials, including bound volumes and unbound pieces; the ability to respond to requests for legal and legislative materials from the agency’s closed stack collection, locating and delivering items within 15 to 30 minutes
- Ability to lift and move boxes/carts over 50lbs; Ability to Pushing/pulling fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 300 pounds
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.