Library Acquisitions Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - IL - ChicagoLAC Group is searching for a Library Acquisitions Specialist for our client, a large, international law firm’s, Chicago office. This role is responsible for the library’s daily purchasing needs and facilitation of payments pertaining to all US firm offices. The Specialist communicates needs with vendors and collaborates with the Accounting department, Library team members and other firm departments in order to fulfill requests and resolve any questions regarding orders and payments. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefit package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place new or renewal orders and cancel orders of all physical materials for library department and attorneys in all US offices.
- Process and prepare payment for all department invoices, renewals, check requests, purchase card statements and other transactions.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all Library financial contacts and transactions, including vendors, purchases, renewals, invoices, payments, purchase orders and cancellations.
- Assist the Library administrators in preparing reports and statistics regarding the Library’s financial transactions and budget. Analyze the data in the reports and make recommendations, as required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and employees to ensure that materials are properly ordered and that all bills and accounts are paid and up-to-date. Effectively work with relevant people to resolve problems, including the timely delivery of or payment of materials.
- Train staff in processing invoices, maintaining Acquisitions records and retrieving data about the Library’s financial actions.
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements that will increase the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of the Library’s financial processes. Assume ownership of such initiatives.
- Cross train with other members of the Technical Services department to serve as back up, as needed.
- Provide support or advice regarding financial transactions in non-US offices, as required.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Library Acquisitions or similar role
- Intermediate skill with Office, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Knowledge of the EoSi Integrated System
- Experience handling legal materials
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.