Librarian (part-time) - LAC Group
Location: USA - NC - AshevilleLAC Group is seeking a part-time Librarian to work remotely for a major Federal library in Asheville, North Carolina. Candidates must show strong attention to detail and an ability to work without direct supervision. This position is 30 hours per week and can be performed remotely with occasional site visits required.
- Locate journal articles and books for staff upon request
- Assist annual online journal subscriptions
- Monitor and track submissions from authors manuscripts, obtain approvals and peer reviews prior to publication
- Catalog record maintenance necessary to complete physical disbursement of former library collection
- Assist scientific writing and copy editing tasks
- Assist 508 compliance of manuscripts prior to publication
- Assist with outreach efforts to increase patron awareness and usage of the library
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience searching databases or working with business/international information preferred
- Experience performing simple reference and research
- Previous experience working as a remote Librarian strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems (lLS)
- Requires working knowledge/recent experience of basic library procedures related to circulation, serials control, interlibrary loan and disposal of library materials
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.