Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a dynamic and experienced Librarian to join a contract supporting the library for a well-known governmental agency located in the Washington, D.C area. The Librarian will be primarily responsible for creating, updating and maintaining library catalog and other metadata records for both print and online resources. Travel to other agency locations in the Washington, D.C. Metro area may be required. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, fully benefited position.
Candidates must be able to pass a background investigation. Active or recently completed background investigation strongly preferred.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining library catalog and other metadata records for print and electronic resources
- Maintaining records for subscriptions and information products requests
- Creating and maintaining vertical file records
- Verifying and update local holding records
- Digitizing print materials for online access
- Maintaining patron records
- Master's degree in library and Information Science
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a library or information center
- Knowledge of OCLC and other cataloging utilities
- Knowledge Integrated Library Systems (ILS)
- Knowledge of Innovative Interfaces' Sierra strongly preferred
- Knowledge of major online services and vendors, especially in the areas of metadata standards, user account administration, and quality assurance in online catalog systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the following standards: Dublin Core, Anglo-American Cataloging Rules, 2nd edition, Revised (AACR2R), and Resource Description and Access (RDA)
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.