Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BethesdaLAC Group is seeking experienced Librarians for a contract within a prestigious federal library in Bethesda, Maryland. Each Librarian will support a unique task area in collection management and collection reformatting. These are long-term, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract opportunities.
- Along with the PM support one of the following Task Areas:
- Journal Digitization
- Onsite Digitization
- Audiovisual Preservation
- Collection Maintenance
- Train, supervise and monitor the performance of technicians and clerks in designated work areas
- Maintain and report statistics and data for the PM and Government
- Identify areas of workflow improvements and new efficiencies
- Support the Project Manager on special projects
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience creating written instruction and verbal training for paraprofessional library staff
- Experience evaluating and providing feedback to library staff
- Demonstrated experience supporting one of the following subject areas:
- Library citation standards, image capture, article identification, and citation and metadata creation.
- Two years of experience scanning library materials, processing images, and performing QA/QC on images and metadata.
- Two years of experience with preservation-level AV reformatting projects.
- One year of recent experience interpreting bibliographic data elements and updating bibliographic, holdings, and items records using an integrated library system (ILS).
- Experience in a science or health library preferred
- Two years of experience performing and overseeing collection maintenance tasks
- Experience keeping records, metrics and qualitative data on tasks completed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.