Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks an experienced Librarian to join a contract supporting a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The Librarian supports the ILS, performs copy and original cataloging, provides virtual and in-person reference services, performs interlibrary loan, and trains users on search techniques. This position also supports library outreach and promotions, the production of internal library publications such as e-newsletters, and requires familiarity with SirsiDynix Symphony ILS. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Contribute to all aspects of library operations, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, and collection development.
- Support SirsiDynix Symphony ILS.
- Maintain LibGuides
- Perform copy cataloging using recognized standards. Some original cataloging also required.
- Respond to reference questions both virtually and at the reference desk using a wide variety of databases (Factiva, EBSCO, Web of Science, World Bank e-Library, and others).
- Manage collection development and maintenance.
- Help maintain electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Train clients and staff on effective search techniques for library e-resources.
- Assist with projects as needed, including software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, marketing and special events.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development, as well as trends in library and information science and related technology.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA‑accredited library science program.
- Three years of experience.
- Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony ILS.
- Experience with original and copy cataloging, and authority control.
- Experience with MARC, LC Subject Headings, LC Classification Schedules, and AACR2,
- Experience using the OCLC system and cataloging subsystem.
- Experience with Springshare Suite, particularly LibGuides and LibAnswers
- Knowledge of information technologies, including internet and online database searching, and library systems software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Strong public/customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Secret clearance a plus.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.