Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a Librarian to join a contract supporting a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The Librarian maintains the ILS, performs copy and original cataloging, provides virtual and in-person reference services, performs interlibrary loan, and trains users on search techniques. They also support library outreach and promotions, and the production of internal library publications such as e-newsletters. They need familiarity with SirsiDynix Symphony ILS.
- Contribute to all aspects of the library, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, and collection development.
- Manage SirsiDynix Symphony ILS.
- Perform copy cataloging using recognized standards. Some original cataloging also required.
- Respond to reference questions both virtually and at the reference desk using a wide variety of databases (Factiva, EBSCO, Web of Science, World Bank e-Library, and others).
- Manage collection development and maintenance.
- Help maintain electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Train clients and staff on effective search techniques for library e-resources.
- Assist with projects as needed, including software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, and special events.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development, as well as trends in library and information science and related technology.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA‑accredited library science program.
- Three years of experience.
- Knowledge of SIrsiDynix Symphony ILS.
- Experience with ongoing maintenance of Integrated Online Library Systems.
- Experience with original and copy cataloging, and authority control.
- Familiarity with MARC, LC Subject Headings, LC Classification Schedules, and AACR2,
- Experience using the OCLC system and cataloging subsystem.
- Experience with Springshare Suite, particularly LibGuides
- Knowledge of information technologies, including internet and online database searching, library systems software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong public/customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Secret clearance a plus.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.