Librarian - LAC Federal
Location: USA - MD - Silver Spring
LAC Group seeks a Librarian for a government library in the Silver Spring, MD area. Librarian will oversee the daily operations of collection management and provide daily assistance to patrons. This is a long term, full-time contract (40 hour a week; Monday - Friday) benefited position starting ASAP. We are accepting applications from Librarians with a range of experience (junior to more senior level) to find someone who is the best fit for the team.
- Oversee daily operations of collection management such as item intake and cataloging, record keeping, weeding, and the retrieval of pertinent un-selected items from the New Electronic Titles list
- Provides assistance to patrons in accessing depository items and resources.
- Review of the library's depository selection profile and makes resulting changes.
- Create original and copy-cataloged records for monograph, serial, and monograph-as-serial items and uploads these records into the library's OPAC
- Proficient in the use of constant data forms
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging
- Experience providing reference support a must
- Original cataloging using RDA experience is preferred
- Various branding, marketing, and promotional activities experience preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.