Librarian II - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a Librarian II to join a contract supporting a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The Librarian provides reference and research services, using library resources and specialized databases. They perform interlibrary loan, maintain the library’s e-resources, maintain the library’s website, support library outreach and promotions, and perform other projects as assigned. This is a four-month assignment, and will initially be performed remotely due to COVID, then moving onsite. Secret clearance required (provided by agency). Must be located in greater DC area or be willing to relocate.
- Main electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Train clients and staff on effective search techniques for library e-resources.
- Respond to reference questions both virtually and at the reference desk using a wide variety of databases (eg Factiva, EBSCO, Dun & Bradstreet, World Bank e-Library, LexisNexis and others).
- Prepares in-depth research on special topics
- Engage actively with technical developments in library software, technology and platform developments
- Manage collection development
- Perform copy cataloging using recognized standards.
- Assist with projects as needed: software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, and special events.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development
- Contribute to all aspects of the library, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, and collection development.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA‑accredited library science program.
- Three years of library experience. Experience as an e-resource librarian a plus.
- Experience with providing ready and in-depth reference. Preferred: familiarity with LexisNexis, Factiva, business and international databases
- Experience with the Springshare Suite, especially LibInsights and LibGuides
- Experience with Interlibrary Loan procedures
- Experience with OCLC Worldshare
- Strong knowledge of library information technologies, including internet and online database searching, e-journal and discovery platforms (EDS a plus), ILS platforms (SirsiDynix a plus)
- Strong skills in Google Workflows
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with library and journal usage statistics preferred.
- Experience with copy cataloging using Connexion
- Willingness to learn new things and problem solve independently.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Secret clearance strongly preferred
- Knowledge of international development and foreign assistance programs and familiarity with print materials, e-resources and websites in the international development field a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.