Librarian I (Law Inspection) - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a qualified Librarian I to perform quality control review on a variety of Law materials and collections at a prestigious federal library in Washington, DC. The Librarian will provide assistance to conduct a quality review of completed work in areas of processing collection receipts, collection maintenance, loose-leaf filing, shifting, shelving, physical inventory, and binding preparation of law materials. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position and must be performed on-site.
- Prepare items as a part of a comprehensive inventory of the collection and to facilitate tracking of items in-use. It can involve both serial and monographic material in all mediums collected. In some cases, volumes may not have titles represented in the ILS.
- Utilize ILS cataloging module for creating/updating holdings records, including summary holdings for serials, as needed.
- Responsible for item record creation/updating data input, including item type; enumeration field; chronology/year field; caption; free text; copy numbers; pieces; notes; statistical categories and status.
- Once items are barcoded and pin & linked, they should be forwarded according to the workflow for the particular type of inventory work prescribed
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library school is required
- 2+ years of work experience in a law library
- Experience in reviewing completed work for quality control
- Experience using and inputting data into a library ILS. Previous experience using an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Knowledge of online catalogs, MARC records, and basic cataloging procedures for legal monographs and serials
- Working knowledge of processing legal materials in various languages
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language or experience working with foreign language materials strongly preferred
- Ability to follow detailed workflow guidelines and work with foreign language materials
- Strong attention to and ability to work with great detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and exceed fixed production quotas
- Demonstrated experience reviewing the completed work of others for quality control
- Able to lift or push 50 lbs.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.