Librarian I- LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - Silver SpringLAC Group is seeking a Technical Information Specialist to work on-site at a Federal Agency in Silver Spring, MD. The selected individual will assist the daily operations of the library book processing, collection management, interlibrary loans, and reference technical support. This is a long-term full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Editing and deleting metadata records
- Processing physical items for inclusion in the collection
- Shelving and maintaining physical items according to collection and shelf-list order
- Providing interlibrary borrowing and lending services
- Assists library patrons in circulation of materials, user registration, and locating physical items in the collection
- Provide technical support to Federal staff by screening incoming reference calls and providing accurate response to simple, readily available information.
- Support the Outreach Coordinator with new and ongoing library events
- Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an ALA-accredited university is required
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Experience using OCLC, EndNote and Integrated Library Systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.