Librarian - eLearning - College of Southern Nevada
Location: USA - NV - Charleston
The College of Southern Nevada invites applications for the position of Librarian - eLearning. Under the direction of the Director of CSN Libraries, and in coordination with the faculty librarians, CSN Libraries is recruiting a forward-thinking, innovative, and collaborative eLearning Librarian. This librarian is primarily responsible for developing and delivering information literacy instruction in the online environment, creating and maintaining electronic learning objects, and assisting in the maintenance of the Libraries' electronic resources, in concert with the other eLearning and Systems librarians.
CSN Libraries are made up of librarians and staff who serve on and complete work through small, flexible library teams focused on areas such as: Assessment, Alma, Collection Development, Communications/Outreach/Marketing, Content Strategy, eLearning, and Instruction.
As a part of the tenure-track academic faculty, CSN Librarians actively serve the College at the campus level, including participating in the Faculty Senate and serving or leading campus-wide committees and task forces. The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys engaging in service activities at the campus-level, through participation on college-wide committees.
Providing all library services through a lens of equity and inclusion is a strategic priority for CSN Libraries. The library seeks candidates who are equally dedicated to this initiative, and who seek to provide library services to a variety of student populations, contributing to the library's presence as a welcoming place for the entire CSN community.
This librarian will join two other eLearning Librarians to support online learners at CSN by teaching embedded library instruction classes; coordinating the creation, maintenance, and assessment of online learning objects, tools, and other online content for library instruction; leading assessment of library projects and programs that support online learners; and taking a leading role in supporting the CSN campus community as it transitions to Open Educational Resources (OER). This position will also serve some overlap of duties with CSN Libraries' current eLearning Librarians, who lead Online Instruction and eResource Management. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable assessing and changing their priorities based on changing needs of CSN Libraries, presenting to and liaising with campus partners, assessing and working with new technologies, working independently and well as part of a team, and have a passion for learning new online skills.
This position will initially be at the Charleston Campus, but may eventually be located at the North Las Vegas or Henderson Campus, based on the needs of the department.
- Regular creation, maintenance, and assessment of online learning objects including, but not limited to, videos, tutorials, and Springshare LibGuides.
- Online instruction (such as teaching research, citation, information literacy, and critical thinking skills) through the library's Embedded Librarian Program in CSN's Canvas Learning Management System.
- eResource management, including assessment through Alma Analytics and Counter and Sushi reporting.
- Outreach to academic faculty departments, establishing relationships with online faculty and promoting the library's online programs and resources.
- Outreach to the college's Office of eLearning (Online Campus) staff as needed.
- Collaboration with CSN Libraries' eLearning and Instruction librarians.
- Serve as the library representative for Campus-wide Open Educational Resource initiatives.
- Physical collection development in assigned subject areas.
- eBook and eResource collection development as needed.
- Serve as backup eBook and eResource technical support.
- Weekly in-person reference shifts .
- Weekly chat reference shifts through the library's online chat service (LibChat from Springshare).
- Service on library teams through attendance at regular meetings on all three CSN campuses, engaging in team project work, and the possibility of leading teams when needed or desired.
- Service on campus committees.
- Masters of Library Science from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Experience working in a library setting.
- Experience delivering instruction in an online environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to service-oriented, student-focused librarianship.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence and pedagogical commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience in practicing assessment techniques and utilizing assessments to improve library services.
- Familiarity with current information literacy theory, online instructional pedagogues, and best practices in teaching and learning.
- Familiarity with, and demonstrated interest in, creating online instructional content in multiple modes.
- Demonstrated interest in Open Educational Resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and interest in, User Experience Design.
- Demonstrated interest or understanding of Alma, Primo, and Alma Analytics.
- Demonstrated experience using learning management systems, preferably Canvas Demonstrated experience using Springshare LabGuides.
- Familiarity with Counter and Sushi reporting.
- Demonstrated passion for outreach to students, faculty, staff, and administration.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1814239
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date: 03/2/2020
This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 03/02/2020. For full consideration, all application related material should be submitted by 03/01/2020.
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.