Librarian - Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science
Location: USA - OH - Cincinnati
- Coordinates library operations, including submitting requests for annual budget.
- Manages the library collection, including acquisitions, cataloging, materials processing, and the periodic weeding of the collection.
- Performs circulation tasks, including checking out materials, renewing materials, placing holds, collecting library fines, and checking materials in.
- Periodically consults with faculty to determine the academic needs of the students and to evaluate library resources.
- Provides reference and instructional assistance to students, faculty, and visitors.
- Provides mandatory library orientation to incoming students.
- Creates and implements library policies and procedures
- Supervises the student Library Assistant.
- Creates signage, displays, etc. and maintains physical appearance of library.
- Consults with President and Business Officer to determine budget, personnel requirements, and technology needs.
- Part-time position; 20 to 29 hours weekly; schedule negotiable.
- A Master’s in Library and Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from an accredited institution of higher education is required;
- Two years professional library experience, preferably in an academic or special library is desired;
- Must be self-motivated and be able to thrive in a “solo-librarian” environment;
- Must have strong, professional, and polite verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to use technologies associated with the job.
Candidates interested in applying for the position should submit:
- A letter of interest (no more than three pages)
- Curriculum Vita/resume
- The names and addresses of three references (one of which should be a current or former supervisor)
Submit information to:
Dr. Jerome Webster, Chair
Librarian Search Committee
Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science
645 W. North Bend Road, Cincinnati, OH 45224.
*For initial consideration, candidates are encouraged to apply by June 30, 2022.