Legal Researcher - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group seeks a Legal Researcher for a full-time position with a prestigious law firm located in West Los Angeles. The Legal Researcher will work directly with attorneys in the LA office as well as on a firm-wide basis with the legal, library and marketing departments on a variety of research projects including legal and financial.
- Use LEXIS, Westlaw or other relevant research platforms to perform in-depth and complex case, statute, company and business research with the ability to acquire, organize and disseminate information using the latest technologies in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Research, analyze and summarize law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treatises, constitutions, legal codes and law-related information relevant to practice area.
- Organize documents and files related to legal matters, including documents received from the client, opposing parties or other sources. Prepare chronologies from deposition testimony, documents and other factual records and prepare timelines from settlement documents.
- Direct and coordinate activities of law office support personnel for special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, JD Degree and/or MLIS preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of experience conducting legal/financial research, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Knowledge of Cheetah, Lexis & Westlaw platforms, Local California Courts, PACER, SharePoint, Knowledge Management, internet and knowledge of EOS ILS desirable.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.