Legal Assistant/Paralegal - LAC Group
Location: USA - FL - TallahasseeLAC Group is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant/Paralegal to work for a federal agency at its offices in Tallahassee, Florida. The Paralegal will use knowledge of legal research and documentation to support attorneys by preparing and reviewing legal documents for accuracy and completeness; analyzing and summarizing materials; and performing a variety of other litigation support duties. This position requires basic knowledge of civil law, strong analytical, writing, and editing skills. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. This is a full-time, contract position with benefits.
- Prepare substantive legal documents includes motions, responses using established templates
- Researches, analyzes, and summarizes legal precedents for cases and prepares digests of legal issues
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes materials for use by attorneys in discovery, in preparation of motions, filings, briefs, etc.
- Maintains case files including indexing, tracking, and controlling documents
- Performs original legal research and verifies citations and references
- Assists with composing routine correspondence; receives and distributes mail
- Maintains calendar of pending cases to ensure that legal pleadings, forms, reports, and other documents are prepared and submitted on time
- Performs docketing duties opening and closing cases
- A paralegal certificate is desired, but not required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a civil law environment;
- Ability to conduct legal research and analysis;
- Knowledge of the litigation process to include court rules and procedures for prosecutions;
- Ability to draft/develop detailed legal documents and correspondence;
- excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to use a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience using a variety of e-discovery platforms;
- Knowledge of and skill in using spreadsheets and schedules, in order to gather data, analyze, and present findings;
- Requires thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Basic familiarity with Electronically Stored Information (ESI) tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver the highest quality work under extreme pressure.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.