Law Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonLAC Group is seeking Law Library Assistants in our Moncton, NB office. Reporting to the Project Manager, these positions entail law library support, invoicing, electronic resources administration, business development, attorney/staff support and training and special projects involving information management.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client service and interpersonal communication skills, a technological aptitude, professional writing skills, and a strong attention to detail. This is a full-time opportunity with benefits.
- Monitoring internal and external resources utilized in acquiring and disseminating electronic content.
- Assist in managing the services, contracts and relationships with vendors;
- Invoicing and assisting with budget, standards for collection development and cost recoveries, and resources and acquisition policies;
- Conduct library orientation for new attorneys and professional staff and assist attorneys and staff with troubleshooting and questions.
- Support special projects involving information management.
- Stay abreast of new developments in legal content, publishing and technology.
- Other administrative tasks and duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 2 years experience in a support role (including invoicing, managing internal/external requests, high volume of communication, etc.) preferably in a library, research services or legal environment.
- Tech-savvy, and comfortable with G-Suite applications, especially Google Sheets.
- Experience working across multiple locations/offices and departments is preferred.
- Must be articulate and possess excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Knowledgeable and highly conversant in using electronic resources, library cataloging systems/ILS, etc.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.