Law Librarian (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - IL - ChicagoLAC Group is seeking an experienced Temporary Law Librarian for a county law organization in Chicago, IL. The Law Librarian will be responsible for providing legal reference assistance to lawyers, judges and the general public, research instruction and database training, prepare and maintain print and web-based research guides and collection development for print and electronic resources. This is a temporary position that should last for at least several months.
- Provides legal reference assistance to lawyers, judges, self-represented litigants and the public.
- Assists Law Library Administration in enforcing library policies and procedures.
- Provides research instruction and database training for library users and staff.
- Prepares and maintains print and web-based research guides for library users.
- Contributes content for the library website.
- Contributes to collection development for print and electronic resources.
- Facilitates and promotes the use of special collections within the Library including government documents and foreign and international law.
- Contributes to relevant marketing materials including newsletters and library displays.
- Opens and closes library facility at branch location and enforces library policies and procedures.
- Submits branch revenue reports, invoices, and statistical data to designated library staff.
- Occasionally assists in other library service areas or at other branches.
- Participates in law library outreach for internal and external audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 1-2 years of previous law library experience including working with legal research sources and technologies and integrated library systems.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science and/or Information Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association.
- Valid current driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently and function in a collegial, team-oriented environment, which emphasizes customer service and delivery of exemplary library services.
- Ability to work with diverse library users of varying levels of skill and understanding.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.