Inventory Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an Inventory Specialist to work for a federal library facility in the Washington, DC area. This is anticipated to be an eight-month assignment, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) with benefits.
- Perform all aspects of the physical inventory process including lifting, moving and opening boxes
- Scan or manually key in data capture information or bar codes
- Label and track materials
- Organize materials
- Load, transport, and unload materials
- Keep accurate records of work performed
- Sort and group individual items Exercise care in the handling of cultural heritage materials to avoid loss or damage
- Follow safety protocols, care and handling guidelines, and instructions for disposition of materials
- 1 year experience retrieving, unpacking, handling and arranging library collections (or equivalent)
- Ability to meet deadlines and production quotas.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to perform physical activities involving moderate to heavy lifting and standing, pushing book trucks and carts, stooping, and bending.
- Ability to pass a background check.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.