International Law Reference Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group seeks an International Law Reference Librarian for a large legal organization in downtown Los Angeles. This full-time employment position will be responsible for providing international reference and research services to legal professionals, government/corporate officials and the general public. The librarian is also responsible for international collection development and special projects relating to foreign and international legal materials.
- Performs both immediate reference and in-depth international research searches via in-library, phone, mail, email and live-chat.
- Reviews print and electronic materials in assigned subject areas and makes recommendations for additions, deletions and enhancements to the collection.
- Participates in the development of training programs, teach classes on library catalog, legal databases and research methodology, give library tours and participate in training orientation.
- Helps manage the development of the library’s international collection resources in all formats.
- General Reference & Research Services workflow including regular reference desk shifts.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as needed.
- A graduate Library Science degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school is required. JD is a plus.
- At least 1 year of previous experience working in a law library environment. Experience with international/global law is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and understand at least one foreign language is required.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.