Inspection Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a qualified Inspection Librarian to lead quality control review on a variety of law and related legal materials and collections at a major government library in Washington, DC. The Librarian will be responsible for overseeing the workflow, reviewing a variety of materials and ILS records to ensure they match the agency’s standards. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Provide quality control support for Federal staff by reviewing newly processed materials through physical inspection and review of ILS records
- Create and maintain reports in Excel
- Communicate with Federal staff and contractors to resolve issues and provide training when necessary
- Must have an MLS from an accredited library school
- 3+ years of experience working in a law library
- Working knowledge of processing legal materials in various languages
- Experience or understanding of cataloging procedures for legal monographs or serials
- Experience using and inputting data into a library ILS; Previous experience using an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Knowledge and ability to train staff and to handle the assignment and monitoring of work to be inspected
- Provide training to orient its staff on spreadsheet software and/or to remedy any deficiencies its staff may encounter with regard to setting up or maintaining data on the agency’s spreadsheets
- Knowledge of online catalogs, MARC records, and basic cataloging procedures for legal monographs and serials
- Strong attention to and ability to work with great detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and exceed fixed production quotas
- Able to push 50 lbs
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.