Ingest / Media Coordinator - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group seeks an Ingest / Media Coordinator to support weekend news broadcast and digital media management needs at an LAC Group client, a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan) with 24/7 operations. Daily tasks include scheduling the recording of incoming satellite feeds, file transfers, as well as crash recording in support of ad-hoc requests from News production staff. In addition, this position will perform regularly scheduled media management tasks to effectively manage server space. This is a full-time benefited position and the employee will work 40 hours per week including the Saturday-Sunday 10 AM – 10 PM shifts as well as additional daytime hours during the week. The position is currently remote-based, however, client needs may evolve into a hybrid onsite/remote, or a fully on-site presence.
- Schedule, label and screen satellite feeds using Avid Capture Manager.
- Process all Digital Media Archive and On Demand orders
- Assist News production staff with scheduled and ad-hoc ingest requests and with finding recorded materials in Unity. These requests may arrive via phone, email, or in person.
- Monitor and report on digital storage and project sizes per show daily
- Experience managing raw feeds, edited packages and other production materials in a broadcast environment
- Experience working in media management and in support of digital archive environment
- Good organizational, time management and customer service skills essential.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Familiarity and experience within a broadcast environment and specifically with Avid media-software products
- Must be computer proficient, experience with digital asset management (DAM) system a plus
- Must be reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedules provided
- Must be punctual and be able to demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of successfully working independently
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately
- This position is based in a busy digital production environment and the successful candidate must be comfortable working within this to support the daily ebb and flow of physical and digital assets into and out of the media production, broadcast and archive environments.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.