Information Technology Director - LAC Group
Location: Canada - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking an Information Technology Director to work closely with its Clients, Executives and Team Leaders. This position leads the information technology organization managing a number of personnel and a diverse technology environment with numerous cloud-based platforms and servicing a user population of over 600 personnel. The Company is a rapidly growing, professional services firm that provides services to law firms. To date, the Company consists of numerous subsidiaries, and has operations globally in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.
The Technology Director is responsible for developing all aspects of the cloud-based IT Infrastructure and Security. Reporting Directly to the CFO, this leader will be responsible for defining, strategizing, and envisioning a complex ecosystem, including cloud base applications on Office 365, Azure, Salesforce and other 3rd party integrations.
The position is fully remote in Canada. There is an office in Moncton, NB that may require some travel from time to time.
- Drive consistency and standardization of internal processes to ensure quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Provide solution architecture in finding opportunities to integrate internal systems, reduce redundancy, and increase system and cost efficiencies.
- Partner closely with all other departments to understand their unique technology needs and take ownership over ensuring they have an optimum solution.
- Identify, manage, and communicate risks across the enterprise to management on a regular basis, highlighting mitigation strategies and areas of needed investment and/or work
- Identify, manage, and communicate overall IT strategy to leadership (and with their collaboration and consent) to the broader organization. The strategy should address key technology platforms, investment areas (with ROI or other justification), staff planning, risk management, organizational dependencies, and multi-year timeline.
- Interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business.
- Play key role in technology integration for multiple business acquisitions.
- Take ownership of the overall health, resilience, security, and performance of the IT infrastructure, all software systems, and the hosting of our own web application.
- Conduct reviews of all the cloud-systems on a time-based schedule, including cost, security, vulnerability and take appropriate action to ensure a viable and effective environment.
- Provide a confident, passionate, informed voice of technical thought leadership across the organization.
- Manage project planning, including allocation of resources, assignment, and coordination.
- Ensure the team is productive, motivated, and accountable.
- Take accountability of 24/7 uptime of all critical systems by utilizing strategies such as monitoring, alerts, software, and service providers.
- Ability to balance diverse requests and prioritize effectively, especially those from management and executives.
- Possess a mindset that is proactive, solution-oriented, and focused on what's best for the team and company.
- Strength in seeing opportunities to improve processes or utilize automation or self-service to drive efficiencies.
- Extremely strong process definition skills, and the ability to implement them and ensure adherence.
- Experience evaluating and working with third party vendors providing IT consulting services.
- In-depth understanding of Office 365 and Azure architecture and solution design.
- In-depth understanding of systems integration and automation.
- In-depth understanding of organizational and technical controls and implementation to comply with ISO27001 and SOC type 2 audits.
- Experience working with on-premise IT systems that include server and storage clusters, VMWare, Hyper-V, networking systems and firewalls.
- Understanding of MFA and SSO using tools such as DUO, OKTA and Azure AD SSO.
- Experience with endpoint management and EDR using tools such as Microsoft Intune and Endpoint Protection.
- Experience with Cyber Security and understanding of client-led audits.
- Integration of multiple separate IT environments from acquired companies to a combined IT architecture to support the business needs of the entire integrated company.
- Development and implementation of an IT M&A playbook for future acquisitions.
- Implementation of an organization-wide IT service delivery model and SLAs using a combination of internal and external resources.
- Development and implementation of an organizational security program compliant with ISO27001 audit and certification using a combination of internal and external resources.
- 10+ years of industry experience in a similar role, or 5 years of experience in an IT Director position.
- Experience leading/managing IT teams (Development, Operations, Cyber, Vendors).
- Track record of successful implementations (on-budget and on-schedule).
- Detail-oriented, able to drive teams.
- Practical working experience vs. consulting.
- Expertise managing a hybrid enterprise IT infrastructure built on Windows and provide a create solution to reduce risk around it.
- Expertise in managing Office 365 and Azure.
- Networking and cybersecurity expertise.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently, as well as produce high quality technical documentation and analysis.
- Expertise in managing complex projects with multiple internal and external resources and stakeholders.
- LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits, including dental and vision care
- RRSP Match
- Fully remote
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.