Information Resources Manager - Exponent, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Francisco
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Information Resources is a small, elite research team. Its information professionals are educated for and experienced with identifying and organizing information, making it accessible throughout the organization, and providing insight and evaluating resources to support the incredibly diverse range of projects the company undertakes. The team is seeking an Information Resources Manager with the vision and experience to unlock the value of the digital content generated across the firm for our professionals, while retaining client confidentiality. The person in this role is also responsible for managing organizational access to a broad range of external research resources as well as providing individualized research support as needed.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist our consultants by executing complex research assignments using electronic or other commercial resources across a variety of industries and disciplines .
- Provide vision and leadership to an internal team charged with designing, developing, and implementing a range of Digital Asset Management initiatives under a unified knowledge management program aimed at improving accessibility and unlocking the value of our technical digital content.
- Manage firmwide access and use of information resources in accordance with copyright, or other legal requirements.
- Manage our physical and digital collections.
- Introduce and educate new consultants to the range of services our Information Resources team provides.
Qualifications and skills for this position include:
- MLS/MLIS from ALA-accredited graduate program.
- Experience in specifying and implementing Digital Asset Management/Knowledge Management systems including managing metadata and migrating data. DAM certificate desirable.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of content in ProQuest DIALOG, STN, and other online resources like HeinOnline, Westlaw.
- Proficiency using firm productivity software tools: MS Office suite, SharePoint, EndNote.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex issues.
- Be able to work as team member as well as independently.
- Strong service orientation and effective working relationships with others.
- Minimum 5 years recent, professional-level, research and information science-related experience in corporate environment (professional services firm a plus).
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.
(Link to job posting: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj06/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=EXPONENT&cws=46&rid=2963)
Company Website: https://www.exponent.com/