Human Resources Generalist - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonLAC Group is seeking an innovative and motivated Human Resources Generalist to help build, execute, and support an elevated Human Capital Practice strategy globally. The ideal candidate will be an advocate of the company values and assist with defining and implementing policies and programs in support of a culture of excellence. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate relatively new to HR who is seeking an opportunity to learn and be involved in the full employee lifecycle. This position is based in our Moncton, NB office with the ability to work remotely on occasion.
- Performs daily tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, investigations, performance, talent management, recognition, health and safety, training, and development
- Coordinates the onboarding and offboarding process; Handles paperwork and file maintenance.
- Maintains the data in the HRIS for people changes including new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Investigates and resolves employee relations issues
- Respects and promotes inclusion and diversity; Assists with developing and implementing DE&I policies, programs, and training
- Monitors HR trends and gaps across the company by building relationships, and uses that information to help drive global consistency
- Collects, maintains, analyzes, and tracks information in the HRIS; Builds and distributes reports as needed.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Maintains compliance with global, federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance; maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provides support in the areas of staffing, recruitment and selection, wage and salary administration and employee training/orientation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality; Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- At least two years of human resource experience required
- SHRM-CP a plus
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.