Hebrew/Yiddish Cataloger (Virtual) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - Remote
LAC Federal seeks a Hebrew/Yiddish Cataloger (Virtual) for ongoing cataloging work, for a prestigious Museum located in Washington, DC. This cataloging work can be accomplished remotely from any location and pays on a per-piece rate. Some rare materials cannot be shipped and must either be done on-site or using surrogates (photocopies of the material). Applicants must be fluent in Hebrew and/or Yiddish and English and have previous experience cataloging foreign language materials. All applicants must be able to successfully pass a cataloging skills test. Candidates with a strong understanding of Jewish literary forms and traditions are strongly preferred. In addition to Hebrew and Yiddish, the Museum has a need for cataloging Judaica in other European languages such as German and Slavic languages such as Polish. Candidates with a knowledge of any of these languages are also encouraged to apply. Must have a strong focus on details and quality control.
- Search, retrieve and/or update bibliographic records in ILS;
- Perform original and copy cataloging of print monographs, serials, and foreign language materials;
- Perform both descriptive and subject cataloging;
- Provide accurate Romanization of Hebrew;
- Create and update holdings records;
- Ensure work conforms to client standards, and collaborate in a team environment;
- Assist with processing and cataloging.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce. LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Master’s in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution is preferred but not required
- Foreign language proficiency in Hebrew/Yiddish;
- Previous original cataloging experience in Hebrew/Yiddish foreign language;
- Must have experience with AACR2, RDA, RDA Toolkit, Cataloger’s Desktop, Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), and MARC 21 cataloging standards.
- Must have experience with authority control
- Experience in data entry;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency using Word & Excel;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction;
- Ability to work independently
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.