Hebrew/Yiddish Cataloger (Virtual) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - Remote
LAC Federal seeks a Hebrew/Yiddish Cataloger (Virtual) for ongoing cataloging work, for a prestigious Museum located in Washington, DC. This cataloging work can be accomplished remotely from any location and pays on a per-piece rate. Some rare materials cannot be shipped and must either be done on-site or using surrogates (photocopies of the material). Applicants must be fluent in Hebrew and/or Yiddish and English and have previous experience cataloging foreign language materials. All applicants must be able to successfully pass a cataloging skills test. Candidates with a strong understanding of Jewish literary forms and traditions are strongly preferred. In addition to Hebrew and Yiddish, the Museum has a need for cataloging Judaica in other European languages such as German and Slavic languages such as Polish. Candidates with a knowledge of any of these languages are also encouraged to apply. Must have a strong focus on details and quality control.
- Search, retrieve and/or update bibliographic records in ILS;
- Perform original and copy cataloging of print monographs, serials, and foreign language materials;
- Perform both descriptive and subject cataloging;
- Provide accurate Romanization of Hebrew;
- Create and update holdings records;
- Ensure work conforms to client standards, and collaborate in a team environment;
- Assist with processing and cataloging.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Master’s in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution is preferred but not required
- Foreign language proficiency in Hebrew/Yiddish;
- Previous original cataloging experience in Hebrew/Yiddish foreign language;
- Must have experience with AACR2, RDA, RDA Toolkit, Cataloger’s Desktop, Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), and MARC 21 cataloging standards.
- Must have experience with authority control
- Experience in data entry;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency using Word & Excel;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction;
- Ability to work independently
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.