Editor - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonAre you a news or policy enthusiast? Are you curious and seeking a job that lets you research the answers to important business and social issues?
LAC Group is seeking an enthusiastic Editor to join our team of market intelligence editors, analysts and researchers. The Editor will be part of a team that delivers a wide range of customized content to clients, ranging from strategic analysis of competitive landscapes, to specialized monitoring of social media, general media and subscription sources to create curated intelligence reporting on emerging issues and trends, including reporting on competitors, clients, and prospects. This position will be based in our office in Moncton, New Brunswick, where employees have an option to work a hybrid schedule that includes office and work-from-home time.
Our growing editorial team is a smart, highly talented group with a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We place a high value on teamwork, editorial mindsets, intellectual curiosity and a desire to make a difference. This position requires an individual who enjoys working as a team player in a business newsroom.
- Conduct online scans, edit search results and curate and prepare daily and weekly market intelligence briefings and other reports for U.S. and Canadian clients;
- Contribute research and writing support for reports and monthly summaries;
- Monitor and tag social media posts for clients following established guidelines
- Organize and send email alerts based on client criteria
- Some client relations will also be involved.
- One to three years’ experience in a related position. Experience in journalism, competitive intelligence, social media monitoring, broadcasting, editing, proofreading, government reporting or research support is desirable.;
- Post-Secondary degree; preferably in journalism, business, economics, marketing is preferred;
- Strong reading, editing and writing skills;
- Ability to quickly identify relevant content from online sources and the ability to summarize in a clean, concise fashion;
- Proficient in a variety of editorial functions for online news and information products;
- Essential technology skills and use of Microsoft Office tools;
- A strong interest in the development of online media;
- A sharp eye for detail, a good sense of relevance and the ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Must have a comfort level with newsroom-type environment (deadlines, efficiency, react well to pressure situations, etc.) Working conditions include extended periods working in front of a computer and respecting daily and monthly deadlines;
- Good communications skills (verbal and written);
- Team player with ability to collaborate