Document Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Crystal CityLAC Group is seeking an experienced Document Analyst to work for a major internationally-focused government agency in Crystal City, VA. The selected individual will analyze, digitize, and optimize documents to be added to the agency’s knowledge repository. This is a one-year full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Collect a variety of electronic, paper, and multimedia materials from multiple agencies and departments on a daily basis;
- Analyze newly acquired documents and data against pre-defined criteria, including Sec 508 compliance, for processing and ingest into agency document clearinghouse;
- Digitize, transcode analog materials to Agency accepted format;
- Scan, proof, convert, and optimize a variety of different electronic, paper and multimedia formats and sizes of materials (i.e. maps, oversize illustrative books, newsletters, pictures) for inclusion into the knowledge repository,
- Optimize various formats as well as sizes of materials i.e. maps, oversized
- Review flagged materials for Personally Identifiable Information(PII) and remove when found
- File management including but not limited to copying or removing sensitive materials on a secure drive in a timely manner;
- Keep track of items stored, removed, and destroyed at the Iron Mountain storage facility;
- Provide backup reference services through the client portal responding to requests for assistance submitting materials, searching, locating documents, and other queries;
- Provide backup help for cataloging and indexing during staff absences and for special projects as defined by the DEC Team Lead;
- Participate in DEC outreach activities such as training, office presentations, and orientations for USAID staff and other user groups to increase DEC visibility and usage throughout the international development community;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with 3 years of progressive responsibility in word processing, internet, database and other information technology, including document scanner software and technology
- Must be able to use optical character recognition (OCR) software to make PDF documents searchable
- Experience in loading data and scanning source documents into a computerized database and converting electronic documents, spreadsheets and other files into Adobe Acrobat Reader pdf file format required
- Knowledge of document management functions such as disposition, indexing, retrieving and archiving of electronic document management technologies
- U.S. citizenship required; active secret-level security clearance a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.