Director, Research & Information Services - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BaltimoreLAC Group seeks a Director of Research and Information Services for a progressive and innovative law firm in the Baltimore/DC area. The Director of Research will be responsible for leading a team of research professionals and managing the Research Information Center. This is a full-time benefited position with a standard 9 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday schedule.
- Develop short and long term strategic goals and objectives for the department
- Manage procurement activities, including analyzing usage data, developing KPIs, and negotiating favorable pricing and terms.
- Create, manage and seek approval for the department budget, which includes managing vendors, negotiating contracts, and ensuring terms and service meet the needs of the firm
- Develop cost reduction strategies and realign tools by eliminating redundancy, maximizing the use of online versions and/or renegotiating vendor agreements
- Develop practice area specialties, liaise with Marketing and Business Development departments, support firm competitive intelligence research, and maintain proper risk management standards
- Research and monitor trends in library services and information resources, including new technologies, and look for opportunities to align those tools and services with the firm’s goals and information needs
- Direct all activities for research and reference collection development and maintenance, including the acquisition of research and reference materials and sources. Reviewing, evaluating, and recommending new research materials/resources for firm utilization, with PGL approval and partnership
- Ensure departmental awareness and education/training on developments in legal research, technology, information management, and other developments related to law research and reference operations
- Ensure swift processing of departures and arrivals, with a minimum of disruption.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited program
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a law firm or corporate research environment
- At least 1+ years of experience with direct supervision, budgeting, project and organization of a research library.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.