Director of Teaching & Learning - UC Riverside
Location: USA - CA - Riverside
The University of California, Riverside (UCR) Library seeks applications for an enterprising and collaborative Director of Teaching and Learning. The successful candidate will provide collaborative strategic leadership through departmental management and as part of the Library’s Leadership Team.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Content and Discovery, the Director of Teaching and Learning will provide strategic direction, planning, and implementation of UCR Library’s instructional program. The Director will be responsible for collaborative development of existing and new approaches to information literacy instruction, instructional design, pedagogic methods, and advanced online synchronous, asynchronous, and dual modality learning. The Director will provide leadership at a pivotal time of growth and development with several opportunities for leadership in key initiatives such as competency assessment, open educational resources, cross-campus collaborations, and instructional design.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing dynamic and strategic departmental vision and management of the Teaching and Learning Department through collaboration, assessment, and continuous improvement and reporting;
- Providing effective management by developing accountability-driven performance expectations and evaluation, empowering team members to make independent decisions at appropriate operational levels, and providing coaching, training, counseling or professional guidance as needed;
- Fostering an environment of exploration and implementation of new approaches to learner-centered instruction, information literacy, instructional design, and outreach services, including delivery via synchronous, asynchronous, and dual modality methods;
- Developing and identifying tools, guidelines, collaborations, and professional development opportunities to support and develop instructional pedagogical skills across all members of the library involved in instructional activities;
- Developing an instructional program of continuous quality improvement and assessment, including competency and satisfaction based evaluation, using appropriate methodologies grounded in evidence-based best practices;
- Ensuring the ongoing growth of an effective information literacy program that supports the learning, teaching, and research needs of the students and faculty throughout the disciplines;
- Collaborating on teaching and learning related projects with all relevant library stakeholders including Research Services, Special Collections & University Archives (SCUA), Collection Strategies, and Metadata Services;
- Collaborating with the Directors (or equivalent) of Distinctive Collections (SCUA) and Collection Strategies to ensure effective feedback, training, and collaborations around the purchasing and incorporation of collections, including data sets and both primary and secondary materials, into the instructional program;
- Fostering and sustaining collaborative relationships with faculty and researchers related to supporting new services and initiatives;
- Developing new opportunities through campus-wide outreach and proactive campus engagement;
- Participating in library-wide activities, the Library Leadership team, other administrative committees, special projects and library programs; representing the UCR Library on University of California standing committees and ad-hoc groups, as assigned;
- Assisting in the Library fundraising, grant-writing, and development efforts;
- Participating actively in the broader teaching and learning environment, and contributing to developments in the field.
UCR librarians are members of the Librarians Association of the University of California (LAUC). Research, publication, and/or service to the University and profession are expected for continuing advancement. Advancement through the librarian ranks at the University of California is through a series of structured, merit-based evaluations, occurring every two to three years, each of which includes substantial peer review. Excellent retirement system, health, and vacation benefits.
Apply at https://apptrkr.com/2267335
Submit resume, names and contact information of at least three references, diversity statement and a letter of interest addressing qualifications and experience related to the primary duties of the position through APRecruit starting 5/17/2021. The search will remain open until the position is filled; for best consideration application should be received by 7/26/2021