Director of Library and Academic Support Services - Henry Ford College
Location: USA - MI - Dearborn
The Director of Library and Academic Support Services is responsible for transforming the Eshleman Library into a twenty-first century teaching library, creating a space for community college learners to experience individual and collective knowledge-gathering. The Director appreciates and understands how community college learners use information and works to enhance students’ ability to access knowledge through various tools and approaches to learning. The Director possesses an awareness of how diversity and cultural inclusion enhances teaching and learning; advocates for under-served learners; and, aspires to design a library that helps to achieve these values. The Director facilitates and oversees the gathering of information and provides leadership in strategic planning processes, including budget development and management. The Director provides administrative vision and leadership for growing and improving Academic Support Services, including a large and effective Learning Lab, Tutorial Services and other resources that enhance student learning beyond the classroom.
- Master of Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible leadership in a library including a management of resources and personnel with at least 2 years being in a supervisory role of full or part-time staff.
- Experience in library stakeholder development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of library systems and the ability to evaluate, implement, and manage multiple sophisticated inter-operating technologies for increased ease of library user access and efficient management of resources.
- Ability to maintain and develop campus, community, statewide, and national presence within the field, providing HFC with continued outreach to the broader communities served.
- Ability to resolve problems and complaints, and develops solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex information regarding library systems and academic service, related policies, and procedures to faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate project planning, management, and completion; time management; and priority setting skills.
- Illustrate significant and sustained library, management, strategic planning and assessment, budgetary, and administrator experience.
- Exemplify broad knowledge of educational pedagogy
- Understand and acknowledge the individual and interrelated roles of libraries and learning centers at the community college level.
- Demonstrate strong computing skills and knowledge of current technology trends and their application in a library setting.
- Experience managing the needs of underprepared students.
- Experience in higher education library architecture, planning, and design preferred.
- Experience with Innovative /Sierra or a comparable system preferred.
- Experience in library and/or organizational fundraising preferred.
- Experience with multiple layer systems for discovery, assessment, serials management, collection development, and fund systems such as Summon Intota preferred.
- Experience with LibGuides, mobile devices, and social networking tools preferred.
- Experience with profiled acquisitions preferred.
For a complete job description please visit https://www.hfcc.edu/human-resources
Company Website: https://www.hfcc.edu/human-resources