Digital Librarian - Aldis
Location: USA - MN - Minneapolis
Join our growing team of Digital Librarians working with our clients on enterprise-wide content management systems focused on media workflows.
Summary of Position
This position focuses on creating relevant and organized metadata and tags; managing various types of media assets; administering databases; and delivering client requests quickly and efficiently.
● Daily ingesting, organizing, and metadata tagging of media (primarily videos and still images)
● Primary daily contact for corporate clients, assisting them in using their asset management systems and addressing their requests and needs.
● Delivering media when requested (through hard drives and FTP sites)
● Performing metadata management and quality assurance
● Transcoding media files
● Managing backup and archive of media to LTO tape or cloud
● Performing custom searches as requested
● Auditing media for legacy asset projects
● Working with other staff to identify and resolve issues as they arise
● Promoting and following digital asset management best practices
● Billing activity daily to appropriate projects
Desired Special Skills
● A quick learner, able to adapt to different systems and standards
● Ability to collaborate with people at all levels within an organization, understand their needs and address their requests in an efficient manner
● Experience with a MAM system and various types of production-oriented media will be helpful, but not necessary.
● Customer service experience is a plus
Education / Experience
● Masters degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
● Experience working with asset collections of various kinds
● Any staff member working in-person with clients, other staff or attending Aldis related events is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and put Digital Librarian in the subject line of your email. No phone calls or drop-ins please.