CRM & Business Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - RI - ProvidenceLAC Group seeks a CRM & Business Research Analyst for a fast-paced, success-driven private equity firm in the Southern Massachusetts/Providence area. The CRM and Business Research Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the CRM system (including customization, troubleshooting and management) as well as providing M&A, market intelligence and corporate research support to the organization. This is a full-time employment position that will be primarily onsite (once COVID restrictions are lifted and organization safety protocols are satisfied) with potential for some remote work.
- Responsible for organization’s CRM system and ensuring all of the relevant deal activity of the firm is accurately, thoroughly, and timely captured. Relevant deal activity includes: (i) information from phone calls, video teleconferences, and meetings with investment bankers, lenders, business owners, executives, and other private equity firms, (ii) notes and information from industry conferences, (iii) and all relevant information gathered by the BD and deal teams.
- Providing professional corporate/market intelligence research encompassing people, companies, other participants in the M&A market to ensure accurate and complete records are captured in the database. Additionally, provide research support to deal teams and portfolio companies, to include targeted due diligence, competitive intelligence, and professional research services.
- Actively participate in calls, meetings and other interactions with market team members.
- Work closely with the CRM technical support and customer success teams to continuously improve utilization of the platform, other database integration tools, such as Capital IQ and Pitchbook, and create relevant reports to inform the business development and deal teams and assist in making data-driven decisions.
- Managed database subscription services and resources including vendor relationships.
- Marketing and data and information management tasks including email marketing, press release drafting and distribution, creating industry sector and company marketing materials, and webmaster responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of prior work experience in database management, customer success and/or research/market intelligence/competitive intelligence role. Experience with M&A markets and/or CRM providers (SalesForce, DealCLoud, etc) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required; a degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Data Analytics, Data Management or similar is preferred.
- Prior CRM database management skills, including data organization, data integrity and database report creation and modification are required. Experience with DealCloud, SalesForce or similar CRM software are preferred.
- Experience and working proficiency with databases such as CapitalIQ, Pitchbook, Lexis Nexis, Pacer, Preqin is strongly desired. Proficiency with Constant Contact, Wordpress, Fireworks (or similar graphics software), or comparable marketing software is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft product suite, including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel is required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communicator
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team atmosphere
- Ability to handle a deadline and pressure-driven environment
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.