Computer Systems/E-resources Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a Computer Systems/E-resources Librarian to work on a long-term position with a prestigious federal agency located in Washington, DC. This library serves the agency’s staff and the public. This is a long term, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday - Friday) benefited contract position.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the library catalog and liaise with government IT staff to support technical aspects of the library’s intranet and external websites
- Provide instruction and answer ready reference questions in addition to assisting with reference requests
- Manage the current ILS; ensure that the server and client applications function together; manage system upgrades and migrations to other systems; keep abreast of ILS market developments
- Maintain all e-resources, including commercial databases, serials, and e-books; troubleshoot technical problems in collaboration with government IT staff and external vendors
- Create and modify custom and standard reports from the ILS
- Ensure that the OPAC is functioning properly on the internal and external library websites in collaboration with government IT staff
- Responsible for establishing maximally efficient workflows for cataloging, circulation, serials control, acquisition, and hardware in cooperation with government library staff
- Maintain metrics on usage of e-resources on a monthly basis and flag resources that are under-utilized
- Document all processes and procedures for the ILS and e-resources management in a government repository
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the agency
- Stay abreast of trends in library and information science
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library/information science program;
- 3+ years of professional experience working with integrated library systems, including managing upgrades, migrations, and cloud-based systems;
- 3+ years of professional experience managing and troubleshooting e-resources, including commercial databases, e-books, and serials;
- Must have experience with Sirsi/Dynix ILS
- Professional experience with discovery systems and OCLC.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.