Collection Management Coordinator - LAC Group
Location: USA - IL - ChicagoLAC Group is seeking a Collection Management Coordinator for a full-time opportunity with a law firm’s office in Chicago. This position requires a high-level use of the library ILS and understanding of law library technical services tasks to take on an important role in scaling back a large print collection while continuing to perform various day-to-day tasks including invoice processing and serial support services related to daily operations of a law firm and its library collections. Candidates must be able to work on-site in the Chicago office at least three days a week.
- Provide cataloging management support for multiple libraries by updating existing records as well as creating new records. Provide a high level of quality control of cataloging records for print and electronic materials.
- Process all Chicago mail including new library items and office copies for multiple libraries by checking in, labeling, and preparing for mailroom distribution.
- Efficiently acquire research resources (including books, journals, scientific articles and digital licenses) for attorneys, staff, and library in a timely and cost-effective manner (ILL when necessary).
- Update library website including implementation of user access to E-resources.
- Survey users to distribute office copies only to those that need them - maximizing usage of online resources and informing them when print materials have been updated online. Maintain office copy records.
- Work closely with Deputy Manager in weeding print collection based on pre-determined titles to cancel and providing feedback on further titles to discard.
- Solicit user feedback during subscription renewal periods.
- Track orders placed to ensure timely delivery.
- Assist in tracking down missing/overdue library materials not received.
- Back up Deputy Manager as needed.
- Stay up-to-date on new developments and best practices in Library technical services, digital resource management, and related disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required – MLIS preferred
- Demonstrated experience providing library support services – preferably in a law library environment
- High-level knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material
- High-level experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS) – preferably SirsiDynix EOS
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the project team
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimum supervision
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.