Cataloging Clerk - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Cataloging Clerk to work with catalog records in a high volume production environment at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area. Candidates must have strong computer skills and familiarity with library cataloging standards and procedures. In addition, candidates must be able to follow detailed, complex instructions for processing a wide variety of material. This is a long-term (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted contract position and will be performed on-site.
- Broad subject knowledge and experience with bibliographic catalog records
- Familiarity with LC Classification, AACR2, and MARC as well as familiarity with RDA and DCRM(B)
- Experience with Integrated Library Systems (especially Voyager) in creating, editing, and search bibliographic records
- Ability to meet production quotas and deadlines
- Experience searching library catalog databases such as OCLC or Voyager
- Familiarity or knowledge of one or more Romance and other European languages is a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.