Cataloger, Native American Languages - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Cataloger of rare books in Native American Languages for a temporary project position at a prestigious national library in Washington, DC. The cataloger will provide expert original cataloging for bibles and other religious documents in languages including Choctaw, Mohawk, Ojibwa, and Dakota. Candidates must be familiar with AACR2 and RDA standards for monographs. The ability to balance quantity and quality, with close attention to detail, is a core part of the role. This is a full-time, term position that will continue for approximately 3 months and must be performed on-site.
- Perform complex original and copy cataloging of monographs to facilitate their identification, access, and use.
- Interpret and apply Library of Congress Classification, Subject Headings, AACR2, RDA, OCLC online help and other materials as needed in cataloging and classifying library materials.
- Import finalized MARC records from OCLC Connexion into Horizon ILS
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Must have 3-5 years of cataloging experience.
- Experience in cataloging rare books.
- Must have experience with AACR2, RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and Library of Congress Classification.
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to catalog in foreign languages, especially Native American Languages
- Examples of prior cataloging work will be requested as part of the screening process
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.