Cataloger - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BethesdaLAC Group is seeking a Cataloger to work with a major health library in the Bethesda, MD area. The Cataloger selected will assist and manage metadata creation and taxonomy usage specific to a biomedical setting. The Cataloger will advise and consult on cataloging issues related to all materials and candidates may be asked to submit cataloging samples. This is a long term, full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position, a background investigation is required.
- Provide cataloging, metadata, and thesaurus management support for the Library
- Manage/update existing records
- Creating original and copy cataloging records (as appropriate) for new acquisitions.
- Update holding records to remove deselected monographs and journal titles and issues, as appropriate.
- Assist with and consult on library staff on metadata creation/management and taxonomy use/management, especially in a biomedical setting. This includes the application of metadata and biomedical thesauri in a digital repository and/or advanced indexing projects, as needed.
- Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS) from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- 3 years of relevant library experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel
- Must have experience with sources such as OCLC WorldCat via WorldShare, the online catalog (Alma), online resources databases (SQL, Intota, and Drupal-based), and link resolver (ProQuest 360 Link)
- Performs original and selected copy cataloging in all formats and all media
- Work continuing formats; performs authority work and database maintenance; advises copy catalogers and other staff performing cataloging related tasks.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.