Cataloger - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New YorkLAC Group is seeking an experienced Cataloger for an opportunity with a prestigious historical nonprofit organization in New York, NY. The selected individual will be responsible for copy cataloging of the institution's small collection of books to ensure that patrons and staff are easily able to locate materials. This is a short-term project position and can be full-time or part-time.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of an Integrated Library System;
- Perform copy cataloging of all formats of library materials to facilitate their identification, access, and use;
- Interpret and apply Library of Congress subject headings, the Dewey Decimal System, the AACR2, RDA, and the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) manuals in cataloging and classifying library materials;
- Maintain the integrity of the integrated library system through authority file control;
- Provide inventory support
- Master's of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited institution;
- 3-5 years of cataloging experience;
- Experience in selecting and implementing ILS systems
- Must have experience using the RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), and MARC 21 cataloging standards;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and to ask questions as appropriate.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.