Cataloger/Classifier - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking experienced Catalogers or Classifiers to work full-time on-site for a major federal library in Washington, D.C. The cataloger will analyze and classify legal materials using the Library of Congress Classification (LCC) system updating Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and making other required changes to the bibliographic record.
- Work in the cataloging module of the Integrated Library System verifying the accuracy of the linked record, updating LC Subject Headings and adding LC Classification Numbers and Cutter Numbers.
- Cataloger will keep a record of all work performed.
- At least two (2) year of experience classification experience using the Library of Congress classification experience (Class K preferred)
- Foreign language proficiency in one or more language including at least one of the following is required: Russian, Croatian, Serbian, Greek (Modern), Latin
- Experience with the Voyager ILS is preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.