Business Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - LA - New OrleansLAC Group is seeking an experienced Business Librarian for a renowned university’s business school library in the New Orleans area. The Business Librarian will be responsible for managing the library collections and services in support of the university’s School of Business. This is a full-time, temporary position that will continue for a few months.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the library, including facilities and personnel (1 direct report as well as student support staff)
- Maintain thorough fiscal records and control, prepare and implement library budgets;
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with information retrieval and research needs.
- Support collection development and collection access cataloging process.
- Plans and conducts instructional sessions for students and faculty.
- Analyze and evaluate existing electronic information resources/equipment, identifying
- enhancement opportunities.
- Communicate with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintains appropriate professional qualifications and affiliations, and performs other duties as required or requested whether or not specifically listed in this job description.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a business librarian in a university/academic environment with at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with vendor communication and negotiation in relation to resource/equipment/service contracts and familiarity with different types of business research/resource tools.
- Experience with classroom/teaching preferably in business or a similar area.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.