Associate Data Scientist - Wilson Allen
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteWilson Allen seeks a Remote Associate Data Scientist to join its Data Science division. The Associate Data Scientist will be responsible for identifying relevant data sources, building models and communicating and supporting other departments. Candidates should have familiarity with different classic algorithms and SQL and Python programming languages but candidates with a year or two of experience and recent grads are encouraged to apply.
This is a remote, full-time position so we are willing to consider applicants across North America (East Coast would be advantageous) and Europe.
- Transforming data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect, analyze and present data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Generating structured data from unstructured sources
- Creating reports and presentations for business and sales uses
- Building ETL/ELT pipelines in the Cloud
- Apply classic ML models/algorithms for data collection and synthesis
- Transform data through Pandas (Python Data Analysis Library)
- Using Data Visualization tools (Power BI) to support departments
- Supporting the company’s Data Cloud innovation work and productization efforts
- (Optionally) presenting the company’s efforts at industry events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science is required. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
- At least 1+ years of data science experience working directly with SQL and Python programming languages preferably in a software sales or legal environment.
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken and the ability to translate complicated technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders is preferred
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Proactive approach to identify new technology and finding uses for it to solve problems for our clients
- Required knowledge:
- Core data science frameworks including Pandas, scikit-learn, XGBoost, Matplotlib and NumPy
- Understanding of Python package managers including Conda and Pip
- Conceptual understanding of ML algorithms (Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Clustering, PCA, Decision Trees, etc.)
- Data Visualization tools (i.e. Power BI) and Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Additional strongly preferred experience/knowledge:
- Deep learning frameworks including PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras and how to use them with the Transformers package
- Advanced Cloud knowledge/experience – ETL pipelines, Data/Delta Lakes, Azure Synapse, Azure Tech Stack
- Big Data Tools – HDFS, Spark, Hive
- Multi-Node Clusters and Configuration
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.