Assistant Manager of Research Services - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an Assistant Manager of Research Services for a prestigious international law firm with offices located in the Washington DC metro area. The Assistant Manager position will be responsible for developing research services and providing expert, customized research service. The Assistant Manager also assists the Manager with project management and oversight of Research Services, taking the lead on the coordination of daily research and other activities, as assigned.
- Manage unit services and develop and document processes, procedures and other best practices to support unit activities; serves as main point of contact in the Manager’s absence.
- Indirectly supervising the Senior Research Analyst(s), Research Analyst(s), and Legislative Analyst and directly supervising the Research Coordinator.
- Serving as the primary coordinator in areas designated by the Manager; such as centralized, on-demand research activities and the onboarding and training of lateral attorneys, as well as summer and fall associates.
- Performing reference and research services across a wide range of subject areas using a variety of print and electronic resources, including free and fee-based databases and websites.
- Serving as a liaison to practice groups and other designated constituencies to offer targeted research, training, and product support, and serving as the department’s expert in select subjects, industries, or types of research.
- Participating in collection development activities, reviewing resources, products, and tools, making recommendations as appropriate, and promoting their use.
- Assisting with current awareness services; developing requests, monitoring results, creating and maintaining targeted current awareness alerts and feeds.
- Establishing relationships and serving as a liaison internally with users and other designated individuals, and externally, with vendors and colleagues.
- Maintaining current knowledge of developments in the delivery of research services; including technologies and resources relevant to the Firm’s practice.
- Sharing knowledge by contributing to internal knowledge sharing systems, reporting at meetings, teaching, and other means.
- Promoting the services of the Department firmwide.
- Participating and/or leading special projects as assigned.
- Masters in Library Science or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited school.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience, including significant experience in a law firm or corporate information center. Law firm experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency making cost-effective use of a wide range of print and online resources, such as Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg BNA and Wolters Kluwer.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.