Archives Cataloger - LAC Group
Location: USA - NY - New York
LAC Group seeks an Archives Cataloger for a prestigious media/entertainment organization in New York (Manhattan). This is a full-time employment role that will include benefits.
- Perform original cataloging of file-based archive holdings on various subjects. Process involves describing content using a concise, formatted and detailed description; researching names, dates, locations and events to ensure accuracy; adding keywords from controlled vocabularies to increase findability and cross-referencing in multiple MAM/DAM and physical inventory databases.
- Quality control of previously-cataloged content, including updating older cataloging styles, correcting details, and normalizing data in multiple MAM/DAM systems and libraries.
- Continue to refine the Archives controlled vocabulary, terminology and style guides.
- Provide assistance with research as needed and aid other catalogers in resolving difficult cataloguing problems.
- Assist in developing a robust taxonomy for migration to current and future MAM/DAM systems.
- Provide cataloguing metrics.
- Maintain integrity of related assets database.
- Experience cataloging content description in a MAM/DAM system.
- Ability to create meaningful, yet concise subject headings.
- Experience managing file-based workflows.
- Understanding of, and interest in, metadata modeling, the management of current schemas, and implementing standards.
- Degree in Library & Information Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of sports, especially Boxing, Tennis, and Football.
- Knowledge of ontology and experience in creating taxonomy relationships.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.