Archival Cataloger - LAC Group
Location: USA - GA - Atlanta
LAC Group seeks an experienced Archival Cataloger to work on a project for a prestigious university library in Atlanta, GA. The Archival Cataloger will perform original cataloging and digital preservation in support of the University Archivist. This is a full-time, benefitted role that will continue for 4 months.
- Assist the University Archivist in cataloging, digitizing and other collection management duties in care of and preservation of a special collection
- Cataloging, creating finding aids and other descriptions in Excel and ArchivesSpace
- Appraise sort, arrange and describe archive materials in accordance with in-house cataloging standards
- Repackage material in accordance with archival best practices to support its long term preservation
- An MLIS, Master’s in Archival Administration or an equivalent advanced degree
- Experience as a cataloger is required
- Candidates with experience in ArchivesSpace are preferred
- Proficient with Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.