Agile Delivery Project Manager/Lead - LAC Group
Location: USA - NM - Northern New Mexico
LAC Group is seeking an Agile Delivery Project Manager/Lead for a prominent scientific institution in Northern New Mexico. The Agile Delivery Project Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to Agile teams and support the Research Library development teams. This is full-time employment position and will be an onsite role (relocation assistance is available).
- Serve as a Scrum Master for several Research Library development teams as well as facilitate group-wide portfolio management processes.
- Enable the capacity and performance of development teams by strengthening Agile practice in context, facilitating cooperation across all roles and functions, mediating external demands, keeping teams organized and on track, and supporting continuous delivery.
- Facilitating portfolio synchronization meetings and reviews, configuring appropriate supporting tooling, maintaining artifact templates, documenting processes and roles, developing and reporting metrics for tuning, and providing mentoring on both process and substance for candidate investment ideas.
- Serve as an organizational champion and subject matter expert for Agile.
- Exercise greater leadership with respect to organizational change initiatives, assuming greater responsibility for facilitating the timely evolution of Research Library strategic goals, and advocating for and supporting Agile ways of working within and beyond the group.
- Act as servant leader, with keen problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation, organizational, and team building skills. Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, organize, and monitor team efforts to completion.
- Facilitate effective discussion and learning sessions, with creative engagement techniques, using tailored aids, and supported by organizational awareness and appropriate assessment activities.
- Provide effective coaching, mentorship, and training, in support of continuous individual and organizational growth.
- Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and at least 2-4 years of Agile organizational transformation effort (introducing Agile to an organization that has not had previous experience with it) or providing Agile coaching to executive leadership.
- Certifications related to Scrum Master role and facilitation or IT project management and a degree in a STEM field.
- Experience creating training materials and conducting training sessions, supporting hybrid onsite and remote development teams and supporting Agile for cultural heritage, research, or scholarly communications missions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with DOE/NNSA Laboratories research and development mission areas.
- Application of Agile best practices and frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, team-based environment.
- Knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices. Demonstrated proficiency with tools for (Agile and otherwise) project management, communication, collaboration, and reporting (e.g., Atlassian Product Suite, Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and processes quickly. Openness to suggesting and adopting new approaches to improve work effectiveness and efficiency.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.