Adult Literacy Coodinator - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - GlendoraLAC Group is searching for a part-time, temporary Adult Literacy Coordinator for a public library in the Los Angeles-San Gabriel Valley area. The Literacy Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing all aspects of the library's literacy program. This position is also responsible for developing, processing and writing grants to support and fund the literacy program. This is a grant-funded position. The position is expected to work 20-25 hours per week.
- Tutor and student recruitment, conduct tutor training, assess incoming students and write their evaluations;
- Conduct reassessments of students as needed;
- Provide support for tutors and students;
- Conduct regular contact with tutors and students;
- Plan and lead tutor and student workshops and support meetings;
- Plan and oversee the literacy computer lab;
- Network with other literacy programs through SCLLN (Southern California Library Literacy Network) meetings and literacy conferences;
- Develop, process, write and administer grants for the literacy program;
- Perform other related literacy duties as assigned.
- Two years of professional experience in library work or teaching, preferably to include experience in a literacy program. One year of experience in a leadership capacity and experience with community groups/organizations is desired.
- A degree from a four-year college or university with major course work in education, library science or a closely related field. A Master’s degree in library science and/or possession of a valid teaching credential are highly desired.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; must be able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and in oral presentations; must be proficient in Microsoft word and have computer knowledge; must possess a valid California Driver’s license.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.