Administrative Legal Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group is seeking an Administrative Legal Assistant to support a large federal agency located in Beltsville, MD. The Assistant provides support to the Office of Technology Transfer in maintaining accurate patent and docket files and coordinating schedules. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and able to effectively deliver written communications that are thorough and error-free. Must be able to work independently to handle all office management requests and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. This is a full-time, on-site, benefited position.
- Update patent application files
- Fulfill reimbursement requests for U.S. Patent Office account
- Schedule teleconferences, webinars, and reserves meeting rooms
- Prepare spreadsheets and databases to retrieve information upon request
- Prepare Docket Reports
- Prepare transmittals (Issued patents, Office Actions, filing receipts, etc.)
- Complete letters for Document/Signature Requests (Declarations, Assignments, etc.)
- Use of office automation equipment and software to type, edit, and create standard documents in accordance with established procedures. Documents may include some scientific/administrative terminology. Type final, error-free documents, ensuring correct punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammar.
- Bachelor’s Degree from recognized institution OR 3+ years of administrative experience in lieu of education
- Experience working as legal assistant preferred
- Ability to prepare and maintain detailed files, forms, and reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to prepare written communications that are error-free
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.