Administrative Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - MA - BostonLAC Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a federal legal office in Boston, Massachusetts. The Assistant will provide support to the U.S. Attorneys office including basic secretarial and clerical duties as well as complex research projects, analysis of financial documents, medical records, and preparation of materials to support litigation and trial preparation.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, able to work independently, and able to analyze and summarize complex records and documents. Must also be able to effectively deliver written communications that are thorough and error-free while meeting strict deadlines. May require overtime and limited travel to courthouses and attorneys’ offices.
- Examine documents such as medical and financial records, reports, correspondence, and data in order to identify patterns and verify or create relationships between facts, parties, and evidence.
- Assist Assistant U.S. Attorneys (AUSAs) with investigative plans.
- Provide recommendations and overall assistance to AUSAs on document compilation, physical evidence, demonstratives, chronologies, PowerPoint presentations, and audio-visual materials that may be used for hearings and/or trials.
- Assist AUSAs in the organization and tracking of incoming evidence and related correspondence, including but not limited to productions pursuant to subpoenas.
- Coordinate effectively with office litigation technology staff for the maintenance and review of office technology.
- Conduct in-house, telephone, and database research.
- Analyze fact patterns and communicate findings to AUSAs.
- Assist in obtaining documents and other information related to cases.
- Perform and report on research to locate potential witnesses.
- Communicate with witnesses, persons of interest, and local/state/federal agency representatives to gather facts, sequence of events, and statements.
- Maintain case files.
- Review, maintain, and produce discovery.
- Ability to use electronic resources to collect, review, and organize data, and provide for its indexing, analysis, retrieval, and effective presentation, for use by attorneys during an investigation and in litigation.
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet fast-approaching deadlines.
- Must be able to work well in a dynamic, collaborative team setting.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to pass a background check (recent federal background check strongly preferred).
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.