Access Services Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - NC - Research Triangle ParkLAC Group is seeking an Access Services Librarian to work for a prestigious federal library in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina area. The Librarian will provide high-quality reference and instruction services including literature searching, development of training material, instruction in library resources use, research methodologies, and support of bibliometric research. The Librarian also assists agency researchers in ensuring staff publications are correctly uploaded into the institutional repository and support bibliometric analysis of agency research. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Serves as scholarly communication subject matter expert and responsible for supporting manuscript tracking at the library.
- Provides informational service to patrons, both in person and remotely; Develops and maintains product knowledge regarding resources meet the information needs of patrons; Instructs and assists with library resources, digital literacy and information requests;
- Provides, promotes, evaluates, and supports programs for patrons that fulfill the strategic plan; Develops and maintains relationships with related science organizations and institutions; Promotes system-wide programs, outreach, and initiatives.
- Evaluates the collection to ensure it meets the needs of the community;
- Merchandises the collection and ensures it is accessible, attractive and balanced;
- Works with supervisor, and library team to identify training, development and growth opportunities and requirements;
- Engages and looks for value in all coaching and learning opportunities; Acquires and applies knowledge and skills gained.
- Coordinates collection, publication, and distribution of library statistics and surveys.
- Provides support and coverage for coworkers and participates in committees and tracks statistics; Understands and supports strategic objectives.
- Provides logistical support in the management of books and other library materials.
- Solid understanding of copyright law is required.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent advanced degree; or equivalent education or work experience required
- Three (3) years of experience providing customer service in a library, educational, or public service environment.
- Three (3) years of experience using popular software programs with ability to learn new technology, preference given to candidates with experience in manuscript management systems.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.