Virtual Research & Innovation Specialist (Temporary) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group seeks a Temporary Virtual Research and Innovation Specialist for a large national law firm. The Specialist will provide in-depth reference and research services to a variety of attorneys and staff while providing a variety of support for the library operational functions. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with legal reference and research tools; excellent communication and organizational skills; and the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment. This position can be remote/virtual based or work out of any of the client firm’s offices and will run for approximately 3 months.
- Actively collaborate and partner with attorneys to tailor research for specific requests and needs
- Manage individual research requests and processes
- Provide complex legal and business reference/research services, providing information in a variety of formats based on patron needs/requirements
- Analyze data when appropriate and distill information into concise and appropriate deliverables if required
- Support client-related research activities
- Offer expertise and input regarding the selection, use and implementation of online research services
- Provide overflow business research services for marketing and business development
- At least 2 years of legal, IP (Intellectual Property), or business library experience.
- MLIS degree is required.
- Familiarity with legal, business reference and research tools, including patent research, databases (Lexis, WestLaw, etc)
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.